24-Hour Summer Stampede Ultra
Time & Location
About the Event
The 2020 Summer Stampede is officially on!
We are excited to announce that we will still be hosting the 2020 Summer Stampede Ultra this year! Due to certain regulations, we needed to change the venue, and updated race details are below. We thank you for helping everyone involved feel safe!
Same date: July 10 & 11
NEW LOCATION: Allendale Christian School. 11050 64th Ave Allendale, MI 49401
*Note: The new track is a paved, 400-meter track; Not a synthetic rubber track.
NEW RACE RULES AND DETAILS:
· Aid stations will only serve water and a few other liquid beverages. We encourage you to bring your refillable water bottles.
· There will be NO FOOD at this year’s event. Due to health regulations, we, unfortunately, cannot serve any aid station, or post-race meal this year.
· You CAN set up your AID STATION with nutrition, food, and drink.
· We will be posting a ‘track etiquette’ for runners to adhere to during the race.
· We must limit total participants for all events to 50-runners.
We thank you for your patience and understanding during this time and cannot wait to start running together again!
Event start times:
· 24HR- July 10, 2020 at 12:00PM (NOON).
· 12HR- July 11, 2020 at 12:00AM
· 6HR- July 11, 2020 at 6:00AM
· 3HR- July 11, 2020 at 9:00AM
Packet Pick Up:
DATE & TIME: Thursday 7/9: 6:00pm - 8:00pm
Pick-up will start on 7/10 at 10:00 am and continue until all races have started on 7/11.
LOCATION: Allendale Christian Schools:11050 64th Ave Allendale, MI 49401
- Thursday,7/9: Packet Pick up located at the front entrance outside.
- Friday,7/10 & Saturday 7/11:
- Packet pick up will be located in the back of the school by the track. Visit the "main aid-station/timing table" to pick up your bib.
· Runners will run to accumulate the most miles in their chosen event timeframe. Placing will be determined by the most miles run in the allotted amount of time.
· Runners will rotate direction around the track every 3 hours.
· General “track etiquette” will be posted closer to race day depending on registration size.
· Runners may take breaks off the track as much as desired.
· Event will be chipped timed, and runners need only to cross the timing mat when completing their laps. Runners will need to make sure they are not crossing the mat when coming on and off the track. A “track enter/exit point” will be designated by the start/finish.
· Runners may “drop” at any point during their event and need to advise a race official when dropping. You will NOT receive a DNF if you have completed at least one loop of the track.
· Every Runner will receive a Summer Stampede Ultra T-shirt. (Design coming soon!)
· Runners who complete 100+ miles will receive a custom belt buckle!
· Every finisher (one lap completed) will receive a Summer Stampede Ultra Medal. (Pictures coming soon!)
· Custom Trucker hats and T-shirts will be for sale.
· All runners will need to agree to an official waiver acknowledging that they understand the risks of running this event.
· Though the surrounding track will be well lit, we will NOT be using the large stadium lights. Runners are encouraged to bring a headlamp if they will be running in the dark.
Sponsors and charity partners coming soon!
Registration is open at Ultra Sign Up http://ultrasignup.com/register.aspx?did=75525